We envision a church where life change happens, by reaching people for Jesus.
By God’s grace, we will reach the unchurched, helping them to experience a changed life as they connect to God and New Beginnings, grow in their relationship with God, serve others, share Jesus with the unchurched, and praise God with their life.
Five Biblical Purposes
- Connect (Fellowship): Being committed to the congregation, truly caring for one another on an ongoing basis.
- Grow (Discipleship): Teaching the Word of God and training those who are committed to growing in Christ.
- Serve (Ministry): Encouraging servant attitudes, reaching out to one another and non believers as a core of workers.
- Share (Evangelism): Sharing the Gospel of Christ, both reaching non believers from the community and teaching believers the priority of evangelism and how to share Christ.
- Praise (Worship): Praising God in the crowd on Sunday morning, as well as teaching the importance of loving God with our whole being in all our life the other six days a week.
Our church is led and governed by Pastors, (also called elders or shepherds in the Bible), spiritually mature men who have been called by God to that task. Teaching the Bible, praying, equipping the members for ministry, determining ministry philosophy and policy, exercising church discipline, watching out for false doctrine, and leading by example are all part of their responsibilities as seen in Scriptures.
Our Staff, people who have committed themselves to oversee ministries, act as coaches to the team. Staff may be volunteer or paid. Along with the Pastors, the Staff seek to equip members in the church to do the work of ministry.
Members of the church are equipped, empowered and released to serve Jesus as a team. They are encouraged to use their spiritual gifts to build up fellow Christ followers. They are also taught to share their faith with those who have not yet believed in Jesus for salvation. Members are encouraged to be participators, not spectators.
As a church, we gather to worship, be taught and equipped for ministry to others, and to fellowship. We meet in small groups for fellowship and ministry. We meet in one large assembly for worship. We then scatter to be ambassadors in this world for Christ.
We seek to reach the un-churched for Jesus, seeing them become Christ followers, then members of our church, who are growing in spiritual maturity, and becoming equipped ministers for Jesus in the church and the world.
This is accomplished as we reach out to the following five groups of people:
- The community: These are people in our areas who are un-churched. Our goal is to lead them to become attenders, with the hope that they will accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- The crowd: These are regular attenders at church, but not yet members. Our goal is to lead them to membership after they have committed their lives to Jesus and declared it publicly through baptism.
- The congregation: These are members of the church. Our goal is to lead them to a commitment to growing towards spiritual maturity.
- The committed: These are those who are truly committed to ongoing growth in their Christian lives. Our goal is to lead them to become active ministers of Christ, both in the church and in the world.
- The core: These are the active ministers, people who are participating in service to Christ. Our goal is to see them reaching out as Christ’s ambassadors to the community, starting the whole process over again.
The Community is reached primarily in the following way:
- Through our personal contact with friends, neighbors, and associates.
- Through “Bridge Events” put on by the church, events such as Christmas and Easter Dramas, Community Festivals on the church grounds, booths at community events, Friend Day at church, etc.
What We Believe:
- The Scriptures: We believe that the Bible, composed of the Old and New Testaments, is the verbally inspired, inerrant, authoritative, Word of God, and is totally sufficient in faith and life.
- The Trinity: We believe in one God, eternally existing in three persons- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus Christ: We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus, as well as His humanity, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension into Heaven, His present intercession and sole mediator ship, and His personal and visible return in power and glory.
- Holy Spirit: We believe in the personality of the Holy Spirit, and in His ministry of revealing Christ, convicting of sin, regenerating, sanctifying, and empowering for service.
- Man: We believe that man was created in the image of God, that he sinned, and thereby incurred spiritual death, and that all have sinned and come short of God’s glory.
- Salvation: We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that salvation is received only by the grace of God through personal faith in Jesus as Savior, and all who receive Him are justified on the basis of His shed blood, born of the Spirit, and thereby become children of God, eternally.
- The Church: We believe that the Church is a spiritual organism, the Body of Christ, composed of all born again believers; and that the local church is a body of baptized believers associated together for worship, instruction, fellowship, equipping for ministry, and evangelism.
- Ordinances: We believe that baptism is the immersion of the born again believer in water, publicly confessing their death to sin and resurrection to new life that occurred when they believed on Jesus; and that the Lord’s Supper is a commemoration of the Lord’s death until He comes.
- Commission: We believe that it is the responsibility of all believers to make known the gospel of Jesus to all men, and to disciple new believers to maturity in Christ.
- The Future: We believe in the resurrection of the believer to everlasting conscious blessedness with Christ, (Heaven), and in the resurrection of the unbeliever to everlasting conscious punishment, (Hell).